On today's episode we discuss minority mental health month and what the toll is of being a very public black physician has on my every time thought process. Those in the Lunch and Learn Community knows what it means to have your mental health in the best shape you can but what usually gets overshadowed is the effects of just being a minority has on the status of your mental health. As a physician who has taken care of patients from the hospital setting to the rehab facilities and all the way to the ambulatory setting including home visits I am very familiar with the burden of being right has on our decision making.
Today I going into had it has affected me on a personal level and the things I do to ensure that the patients as well as myself are taken care of.
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drpierresblog.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better