There are very few diseases that signify that you are getting old like the one we are going to be talking about today. Osteoarthritis is something I deal with in my practice EVERY SINGLE DAY. It's is one of the main reasons why our orthopedic surgeon friends stay so busy day in and day out. Quick Facts
- More than half of all americans over the age of 65 have osteoarthritis
- It tends to run in families
- Over 600,000 joint replacement surgeries are performed each year in the US, and approximately 300,000 of those procedures are knee replacement surgeries.
- The Centers for Disease Control estimate that some 27 million adults in the US have osteoarthritis
- Tumeric has been shown to have incredible benefits for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Let's take a look at the slideshow on the next page to see what we can learn about osteoarthritis today.