Let's talk about raising autistic children…
This week's episode of Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry comes fresh off the heat heels of the 2022 Autism in Black conference. I am giving a mini recap of the said event as well as briefly discussing the topic of black fathers raising autistic children. I had the amazing opportunity to give a closing keynote presentation on day 1 of the conference and I spoke about the importance of Black fathers in the lives of their Autistic children.
As a father of two autistic children and husband of an autistic spouse, I have had the unique experience to balance out the level of care and responsibilities required to do the job but I am aware that without great support, Black fathers are unlikely to succeed as a whole.
The following topics will be covered in today's episode 226:
- Recap of 2022 Autism in Black Conference
- Discussion on the importance of black fathers raising their autistic children
- Lack of research associated with black fathers and autistic children
- Importance of community & support for black fathers
Listen to today's audio episode, with the theme “A Black parent Raising Autistic Children,” as I talk about the need & importance for Black fathers to find support especially early in the journey of raising autistic children.
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Dr. Berry's Website
- Dr. Pierre's Healthchecks
- Dr. Berry's Twitter
- Dr. Berry's Instagram
- Dr. Berry's Clubhouse
- Dr. Berry's TikTok page
- African American Fathers Raising An Autistic Child
- Autism in Black
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod