On today's episode we discuss minority mental health month with Maria Davis Pierre LMHC, a follow up to last week's discussion on the burden Mental Health plays on minorities. In this episode we will discuss one of the biggest reasons why there is a dedicated month to mental health in the minority community.Also, I ask Maria what are some of the reasons minorities have trouble getting help for their needs and what types of mental health issues that they deal with more frequently.
Today Maria also discusses a new self care book she is working on to commemorate Minority Health Awareness Month.
- Therapy for Black Girls
- Therapy for Black Men
- Autism in Black
- Preorder Self Care Book (Available 7/18/18) by Maria Davis-Pierre LMHC
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drpierresblog.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better