So, let’s talk about breast cancer as Breast Cancer Awareness Month starts…
We’re going into the last quarter of the year. How many of you have had your annual wellness check-ups?
So many people choose to let things happen to them for reasons like lack of trust, wherewithal, or ignorance, and later on, suffer the consequences for being too late.
Regardless of the illness, remember that early detection is still key to more chances of being saved.
So, as we welcome the month of October, we will talk about breast cancer and the importance of having the awareness and initiative to immediately act on it.
It’s about time for you to get checked and cross that ‘my breasts are not trying to kill me’ thought off your list.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Understand how breast cancer is affecting lots of people, both women and men, in various parts of the world;
- Discover statistics concerning breast cancer cases, highlighting how it’s a serious concern that needs to be addressed as soon as possible; and
- Find out how your family history matters in the discussion of this concern, and why it’s better to have it checked and discovered early
“Early detection equals more options to save your life.”– Dr. Berry Pierre
“It’s such an important disease, because just like colon cancer, if we catch it early enough, we could stomp it out. There’s a 99% 5-year survival rate for breast cancer if caught in these early stages.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“As a primary care physician, or just a physician in general, you should always ask your patient the question and always allow your patient to give you the answer.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“The fact that you think that only women could get breast cancer, and a lot of you guys think that [and] I don’t know where you all got that from, let’s stop that today. Everyone’s wearing pink because men and women can get breast cancer.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“If we want to know ‘how do you fall into that 99%’, everything starts from ‘when did you start looking for it?” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Them getting checked—those who are older than you—is just as important as you getting checked yourself.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre’s Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – Use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod