Let's talk about the recap of the Autism in Black virtual conference…
In this week's Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry, we are joined by my lovely wife Maria Davis-Pierre, LMHC. Maria is the CEO and Founder of Autism in Black, Inc. Autism in Black® aims to bring awareness to Autism and reduce the stigma associated with the diagnosis in the Black community. As a licensed mental health therapist, Maria primarily works with Black parents to provide support through education and advocacy training.
Maria has been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, and USA Today, and has collaborated with Microsoft. Her unique approach to coaching and counseling exemplifies her drive and motivation toward greater acceptance and overcoming the barriers and personal struggles associated with raising a Black autistic child.
Today, we will be talking about the recently concluded Autism in Black Conference. Maria shares what she expected out of the conference and what she ended up receiving. We also had the chance to talk about some of the conference highlights and takeaways from different presenters. Furthermore, we will find out the date of the conference next year and Maria's plan with Autism in Black after the conference.
In this Episode 227, Maria and I will discuss:
- Recap of the Conference
- Favorite moments of the conference
- What to expect moving forward
- When is next year's conference?
Listen to this episode as Maria and I discussed the “Autism in Black 2022 Virtual Conference Recap.”
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod