Let's talk about the Autism in Black conference…
In this episode of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry podcast, we bring you a special guest Maria Davis-Pierre, LMHC. CEO and Founder of Autism in Black. Autism in Black® aims to bring awareness to Autism and reduce the stigma associated with the diagnosis in the Black community. As a licensed mental health therapist, Maria primarily works with Black parents to provide support through education and advocacy training. Maria has been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, and USA Today, and has collaborated with Microsoft. Maria’s unique approach to coaching and counseling exemplifies her drive and motivation toward greater acceptance and overcoming the barriers and personal struggles associated with raising a Black autistic child.
Today, Maria will talk about the 2022 Autism in Black Conference today. This year's conference theme is Culturally Responsive Parenting and Advocacy, and we will discuss the objective of the conference as well as what participants may expect this year. We will find out why this conference is important for parents and caregivers of autistic children of all ages, as well as those who work in the Black Autistic Community. Also, we had the opportunity to talk about the newly created Autism in Black Community Store.
Episode 224 will discuss and will give information on the following:
- 2022 Autism in Black Conference
- Autism in Black Community Store
- The goals of the conference
- What is Culturally Responsive Parenting and Advocacy
Keep listening to the end of this episode to learn more about the 2022 Autism in Black 2nd Virtual Conference with the title “Autism in Black Conference with Maria Davis-Pierre, LMHC” and to gain ideas for the said event.
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Autism in Black Conference
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod
Download the MP3 Audio file, and listen to the episode however you like.