Let's talk about getting into medical school…
Getting into medical school is not easy, you will face numerous setbacks, and every now and then, you make mistakes and fail. But that doesn't imply your journey is over. We may learn from our past experiences and use them as a stepping stone to success.
In this week's episode of Lunch & Learn with Dr. Berry, we bring you Dr. Renée Volny Darko, an OB/GYN and founder of Pre-med Strategies, Inc. through which she runs her app-based program, MEdEq. MEdEq is dedicated to cultivating top-choice URM medical school applicants through pre-career development and diversity recruitment. Dr. Renée is shaking up the way diversity recruitment is done by helping to decrease the gap of knowledge and access between medical schools and pre-med students. She is also the author of the bestselling children's book, How Good Ol' Dr. V Came to Be, and host of the Total Pre-med Makeover Podcast, Dr. Renée is spreading the word to all ages about how the tribulations of the pre-med journey can turn into triumph!
Today, we'll talk about Dr. Renee's journey, her company, pre-med strategies, the web-based program she uses for MedTech, and, most significantly, how the pre-med mindset is different now than what it was beforehand. Moreover, she will share her story of success despite all of the obstacles she faced.
- This episode aims for you to learn more about:
- The strategies in getting into medical school.
- How Dr. Renee's pre-med advisor discouraged her from becoming a doctor.
- The pre-med mindset (growth vs fixed)
- How good pre-med habits can make the journey smoother
- How to get stellar letters of recommendation
- Debunking pre-med myths
- Succeeding despite low GPA, low MCAT, low confidence
Tune in to today's podcast episode with Dr. Renée Volny Darko, titled “Getting into medical school is all in your mind.”
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Dr. Renée's Website
- Dr. Renée's Instagram
- Dr. Renée's YouTube
- Dr. Renée's Twitter
- Dr. Renée's TikTok
- Dr. Renée's Facebook
- Dr. Renée's LinkedIn
- DM the word FUTUREDOC to IG @drreneedarko, for the 3-day pre-med makeover challenge
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod