Talking about a very important sleep disorder today, the dreaded sleep apnea. Find out why having a good night’s rest can be live saving in patients with sleep apnea.When trying to explain to my patients exactly what sleep apnea is I give them the analogy of holding your breath while you are sleeping but being too tired to realize it. There are 3 types of sleep apnea Obstructive, Central and Mixed type but the most common one and the one that we will discuss in the episode is Obstructive sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea(OSA) is due to the physical blockage of the airway when we sleep which can last 20-30 seconds at a time. I have had the opportunity to see patient both inside and outside the hospital who suffer from OSA and the risk factors and side effects can be deadly.
In this episode you will learn:
- What is sleep apnea?
- 5 signs and symptoms
- Who is affected by it?
- What happens if you don’t treat it
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.