Let's talk about how to deal with the unexpected…
Losing someone who is dear to us is like losing a part of ourselves, too. Once a thing like that happens, we just cannot be the same person, with the effect of their loss forever engraved in our being.
Also, communicating with someone who is grieving is no easy thing either. And as unfortunate as it already is, society has made it a taboo that people now choose to avoid attending to their need to grieve.
Indeed, grieving isn’t easy; never will it be. But this is exactly why it is important that we choose to understand how grief works instead of staying away from it.
It is normal, and there are no ‘finish lines’ for it. Tune in to today’s episode as Niesia enlightens us about this as she reassures us that it’s okay to not be okay, that it’s perfectly normal for us to cry our hearts out and feel.
Niesia Garza, LCSW is a licensed clinical social worker and registered play therapist. She is the owner and CEO of Daniel’s Harbor Therapy Center, a therapy center inspired by and in honor of her late son Daniel whom they lost at the young age of 2, where they help patients who are going through trauma and grief.
In this episode, Neisia educates us on how society views grief, and what needs to be changed about it. She also discusses some ways how to handle grief along with the assurance that it’s completely normal to address it.
Why you need to check out this episode:
- Understand the concept of grieving and why it is normal to behave differently when in the stage of grief;
- Learn how to deal with someone who is grieving, along with the understanding that someone who has gone through loss will never be their same old self again; and
- Find out why grief should be normalized and not be considered “taboo”
“Everybody grieves differently. There’s never a right or wrong way to grieve; there are unhealthy ways and healthy ways, but not a right or wrong way to grieve.” – Niesia Garza
“I just want to help other families for them not to feel like there’s something wrong with them or they’re crazy just because they’re grieving.”– Niesia Garza
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod