Let's talk about the hurdles of getting men to the doctor…
Why is it so hard to have men attend their much-needed doctor’s appointments?
Research shows that hundreds of thousands of men mostly die from cancer every single year, but Cleveland Clinic’s study says that only 3 out of 5 men actually go to their annual visit. 40% of men will only go to a doctor once they think the problem is already too serious to not care about. And even when they do visit, around 20-30% of them admitted to have not been honest, withholding important information from their attending physician.
This problem has been going on for who knows how long already, mostly because of men’s fear to get that diagnosis, and not only does it affect them, killing them fast and early, but those who are around them suffer from the hurdles, too.
So join Dr. Berry today as he talks about this issue, reminding men to take care of themselves if they want to live life better and longer.
In this episode, Dr. Berry discusses why it’s hard to get men to attend their doctor’s appointments, even just the annual visit, as he shares ways how those around men can help men take care of themselves in a better and more serious way.
Why you need to check out this episode:
- Understand, from a man and a doctor’s perspective, why it’s not easy to have men meet their doctor for a health check appointment;
- Discover why those who are around men shouldn’t take the entirety of the responsibility to take care of men; and
- Find out how we can help men take their health in a serious manner without driving them to withhold information as they visit their doctor
“I say this all the time. When it’s about your health, you gotta leave that pride to the side. Pride needs to be set aside when we’re talking about healthcare.” -Dr. Berry Pierre
“Very often, the avoidance of care and the withholding of care are two of the biggest issues that are killing us. It’s not like it’s always hurting us. No, it’s killing us. We are dying sooner, we are dying younger because we either avoid the system, the diagnosis or if we get forced to the system, we’re like, I’m not gonna tell them 100% of the things I want to tell them because I know how Dr. Berry does… and all of a sudden, I have a bigger problem that I know of.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod