Let's talk about Caring for Caregivers
On this week's episode of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry we have Dr. Kristyn Smith, a repeat guest of the show and current third year emergency room resident. With the global pandemic right at our footsteps a trend that that has unfortunately grown since the first outbreak was reported is the associated bias we have in healthcare.
Implicit biases involve associations outside conscious awareness that lead to a negative evaluation of a person on the basis of irrelevant characteristics such as race or gender. In this episode we discuss how a whole nation faces ridicule on behalf of a disease that we aren't even sure originated from there.
Text LUNCHLEARNPOD to 44222 today or sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Implicit Bias in Healthcare: A Systematic Review
- Measuring Your Biases
- Cook-Ross Model for Reducing Bias
- Weight Bias and Scrub Ads
- JAMA Study – Resident Burnout & Bias
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag.#lunchlearnpod