So, let’s talk about whether or not becoming a physician is still worth it in the year 2023 and beyond…
We’re now in the second part of this two-part series where we answer the question: in 2023, going into 2024, is being a physician still even worth it?
In the previous episode, I gave you all the negatives—why I didn't believe pursuing a career as a physician was worthwhile.
This week, I’ll give you some reasons why I think this profession is obviously not only here to stay but should also be one of the premiere career paths that you decide to take.
So, sit back and relax, for by the end of this series, you’ll have a good grasp on the pros and cons, and hopefully make a well-informed decision about whether you intend to enter the profession and, more significantly, commit to it for the long term.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Discover the pros of staying in the profession and/or studying to become a physician;
- Understand why pursuing a career in healthcare is still worth it in the year 2024 and beyond; and
- Be empowered and enlightened enough to make an informed decision on whether to get into the profession or not
“Whatever the thing is, I am a better person of it because of the career path that I’m in; because I know that I’m able to make a difference in someone’s life. And not only does making a difference in someone’s life help them, but it also helps me…I don’t think there’s a career path around that’s going to allow you to do that like being a physician will.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“I think being a physician and that attachment of being able to make a difference in someone’s life is so profound, so powerful, that I don’t think you get that in any other career.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Job security, for sure, is a huge reason why you should be coming into this field. You’re not going to have to worry about lay-offs and things of that nature because there’s always somewhere where a physician is going to be needed and where someone’s going to be able to pay you because they [physicians] are needed.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“The aspect of continuous learning and being a life-long learner is one where when you get into this field, you are going to have no shortage of. If you love to learn and if you love to learn about new things, how to adapt, how to adjust, how to change, this is the field for you.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Respect and prestige go a long way, and being a physician, you’re going to get a lot of it.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Regardless of what type of a physician you are, I don’t think you have the ability to be that type of physician without being a leader in one way, shape, or form.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – Use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod