So let’s talk about the COVID-19 pandemic…
This week will mark the end of the public health emergency declaration from the United States government. On May 11, 2023, COVID-19 is no longer going to be a public health emergency.
With this coming to an end, there will be a lot of changes that will soon come into effect. From having free vaccines, there will eventually come a time when we’ll have to visit Pfizer, Moderna, and other companies and hope that our insurance can cover the cost that comes with protecting our life and health.
But just because the government has said ‘We’re done funding, we’re done putting the amount of support that we’re doing’ doesn’t mean that this is the end of the road; because COVID is not just going to disappear on May 11th. It’s still going to be here. COVID-19 is still going to affect people.
But as we move towards this stage of COVID-19 being endemic, the question that remains is how well are we prepared, knowing that we no longer have the government as the safety blanket.
Join me again in this week’s episode as we discuss the future that lies ahead.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Find out how the US government was able to make history with the largest adult vaccination program, and how that response helped make things a bit better during the pandemic;
- Understand the changes that can and will happen once the public health emergency declaration ends on the 11th of May, 2023; and
- Recognize the importance of being well-prepared and protected as we move towards this stage of COVID-19 being endemic
“I’m hoping that we don’t ever have to see what it’s like for our nation to operate as a community and show its community efforts to get better. I’m hoping that we recognize our mistakes and say, ‘Hey, you know what? I’m going to make sure I shore up the public health scene so they can deal with the threats before it gets to us.”– Dr. Berry Pierre
“I’m hoping that we don’t ever have to see what it’s like for our nation to operate as a community and show its community efforts to get better. I’m hoping that we recognize our mistakes and say, ‘Hey, you know what? I’m going to make sure I shore up the public health scene so they can deal with the threats before it gets to us.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“When we talk about community building, not only are we talking about education; not only are we talking about prevention; not only are we talking about doing things together; but more importantly, empowering others to do so.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Just because the government has said ‘we’re done funding, we’re done putting the amount of support that we’re doing doesn’t mean that this is the end of the road because COVID is not just going to disappear on May 11th.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“I do believe that as it continues to get further and further away from May 11, 2023, it’s going to be harder and harder for you to just get anything free associated with COVID-19.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Understand that you are part of an ecosystem, whether that ecosystem is you and your family, you and your loved ones, you and your gym buddies. You are part of an ecosystem that needs to be addressed and taken care of.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre’s Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod