This week's podcast episode is a troubling one because I have to highlight what happens when you have a physician who isn't culturally competent. Today we highlight a terrible situation where a patient who is willingly seeking to take care of her health care needs but needs the help of her daughter to help translate only to find out her physician isn't accepting of this arrangement. Being culturally competent is something that unfortunately most physicians and professionals are not. I will be discussing why this has negative effects on you as the patient and on physicians as a whole.
Listen to the show as we discuss an unfortunate situation with an culturally incompetent physician Dr. Paul Ryan
- Cultural Competency and Minorities
- Being a culturally competent medical student
- Article by Dr. Watson Ducatel
- Video Clip
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drpierresblog.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag.