Let's talk about diabetes…
There are some diseases that are simply too significant that we dedicate an entire month talking about it; and speaking of which, since it’s now November, that means it’s time for Diabetes Awareness Month again.
Currently, there are around 37 million Americans diagnosed with diabetes. It is so bad that for every five diabetic people, there is one who is completely unaware that he has it. To make matters worse, there are around 96 million people who are currently in the pre-diabetic stage, ready to join the stats at any given time.
This disease is one of the leading reasons why people have dialysis, why people go blind, and why people need to have parts of their bodies amputated. The numbers have doubled in the last two decades, and even though there are new treatments available, the overall situation still doesn’t look good.
So join Dr. Berry as he starts a two-part episode about Diabetes Awareness Month as he educates us on why we should take diabetes seriously – whether we are directly affected or not.
In this episode, Dr. Berry gives us an understanding of what diabetes is and what possibly causes it, what happens to our body when we have it, and what we have to look out for if we suspect that we’re diabetic.
Why you need to check out this episode:
- Find out the risk factors of diabetes, and why it is important that you share your medical history with your family;
- Recognize the signs and symptoms that might be telling you that you are diabetic; and
- Understand the real magnitude of what diabetes can do to you, and why you must take this disease seriously.
“Diabetes is not just a sugar disease. It’s a disease that causes all problems galore.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Lifestyle modifications are significantly important. Whether you are monitoring the types of food you’re eating, when you’re eating, how you’re eating, your physical activity, or more importantly, getting rid of physical inactivity.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod
Download the MP3 Audio file, and listen to the episode however you like