Let's talk about lupus…
Lupus is not a frequently occurring disease if we are to compare it with the likes of diabetes and hypertension. But just because it is not as frequent as the others, doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t take it as something serious. If you are not prepared for its possible effects, it could definitely cause you problems.
Did you know that there are about 1.5 Americans diagnosed with lupus, and there are a total of around 5 million cases worldwide? The concerning thing about it is that 90% of these patients are women, and African-American women are three times more likely to have been diagnosed with this disease than white women.
Fortunately, while the actual causes of lupus are still unknown, there are available medications that help manage its symptoms.
In this episode, Dr. Berry talks all about lupus and discusses what happens to the immune system of those who have it. He also puts emphasis on how it could affect basically all of the internal organs as he reassures that while there is still no answer to what really causes it, there are ways to trace lupus and treatment options to help those who have been diagnosed.
Why you need to check out this episode:
- Learn about the nature of lupus and how it affects one’s health;
- Understand how severe the complications brought by lupus could get and why it should never be seen as anything despite it being an infrequent disease; and
- Find out what signs and symptoms you should look out for if you suspect that you have lupus.
“In the case of lupus, something happens where your own immune system doesn’t recognize that the foreign body it’s trying to attack is its actual self.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Lupus is when your immune system says ‘Hey, you know what? I don’t recognize myself, so I’m going to turn on myself.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod