Let's talk about Moving forward with autism…
In this week's episode of Lunch & Learn with Dr. Berry, we bring you our beautiful guest Maria Davis-Pierre, LMHC, the Founder, and CEO of Autism in Black Inc., located in West Palm Beach, Florida. This organization aims to bring awareness to Autism and reduce the stigma associated with the diagnosis in the Black community. As a licensed mental health therapist, Maria primarily works with Black parents to provide support through education and advocacy training. Maria has been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, USA Today, and has collaborated with Microsoft. Maria’s unique approach to coaching and counseling exemplifies her drive and motivation toward greater acceptance and overcoming the barriers and personal struggles associated with raising a Black autistic child.
Today, we'll talk about the upcoming 2022 AIB conference and what you can expect. She will discuss how she and her team handle the conference's preparations and how the previous conference went. Additionally, we will talk about how we continue to move forward in autism in the black community. We are going to get into her business and have her explain where she has been when she had a little vacation, quote-unquote, absence for a while. Moreover, Maria will also unveil the theme for next year's Autism in Black conference.
Episode 199 aims for you to learn more about:
- The importance of being a personal advocate
- Being able to be an advocate for your family
- Tools of success to recognize if your child has autism
Listen to today's episode, as Maria Davis-Pierre, LMHC joins me for an exciting and inspiring conversation on “Moving Forward with Autism in the Black Community.”
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod