Let's talk about why patients are overwhelmed by the healthcare system too…
A lot of times, especially in healthcare, we talk a lot about what the workers and the system are experiencing, but for some reason, we never seem to really include a huge part of that system in the discussions; the reason why the system is still there and going – the patients.
More often than not, the stress and weight we, the healthcare professionals, go through in our day-to-day practice get passed onto our patients, resulting in their own overwhelm. And this can get really scary because it could lead to them avoiding proper care.
But worry no more, because if you are that patient who is overwhelmed by the healthcare system, or even worse – underappreciated by the healthcare system, you’ve found the show for you because Dr. Berry’s here to help you. This episode is for you, to help professionals recognize your burden, too.
In this episode, Dr. Berry recognizes how patients also get overwhelmed by the healthcare system as he explains why healthcare workers need to prioritize their patients and help them get through that experience.
Why you need to check out this episode:
- Recognize that not only healthcare workers but also patients get overwhelmed by the system too;
- Understand the job we have as healthcare professionals to help our patients lift that burden of overwhelm and not blame them for that; and
- Know that it is of utmost importance for us to take good care of our patients, not passing on our stress to them if we don’t want the system to crumble into pieces
“As the healthcare professional, I have to understand that the onus of taking away some of that burden on my patient is on me; not on the patient. Especially as healthcare workers, we cannot expect our patients to deal with the overwhelming stress of our healthcare system that we put upon them. We cannot expect our patients to deal with the overwhelming stress of their disease that’s put upon them. We can’t expect them to deal with all of that. We have to be there to help them lift some of that burden and help them move it along. That’s really our job; that’s really our goal.” -Dr. Berry Pierre
“If you’re going to a system, again, you’re the patient, and you're not feeling your best, you're feeling ill, let’s say you're at your bottom, and you're relying on a workforce that also is being overwhelmed and underappreciated, bad things can happen. And unfortunately, if bad things can happen, the patients are going to be the ones who are going to take the hit. That’s why content creators like me get on platforms and really focus on trying to educate how to make our patients empowered to go into these healthcare systems” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod
Download the MP3 Audio file, and listen to the episode however you like.