Let's talk about preventative medicine…
How important is it for you to be present on your annual visit?
As the saying goes, prevention will always be better than cure, but if we’ll keep on disregarding the need to visit our physicians, the time will come when things will get worse, so bad that it might even take our life away from us.
So, if you still want to live a lot longer both in good shape and in good health, sit back and relax as we learn from today’s guest. As always, awareness is where it all starts, but awareness is nothing when it's not put into fruitful action.
Dr. Randy Hines II is a board-certified family medicine physician and CEO of Hines Entertainment. Aside from being a physician, he’s also an author and a podcaster. He hosts the On Call with Dr. Randy podcast where he discusses topics relating to preventive medicine, health, and wellness.
In this episode, Dr. Randy discusses why preventative medicine is a must, especially in today’s time as he and Dr. Berry talk about the tactics for educating people about preventive measures that can help avoid poor health.
Why you need to check out this episode:
- Recognize the importance of preventative medicine and having a physician help you with this;
- Understand why you should still go for your annual visit even when you feel fine, and embrace some me time to take care of yourself; and
- Find out how podcasts help educate more people, especially in today’s time when we’re all on the go
“You got to slow down and take care of yourself. Sometimes, people are so busy trying to take care of other people and then they come and see me and it’s like ‘I got 10 issues that I want to talk about in this 30-minute visit and I haven’t seen a doctor in two to three years because I’ve been so busy taking care of everybody else.’ And I also tell them jokingly but also seriously, ‘Hey, I’m not Jesus. I can’t solve it all in one visit.” – Dr. Randy Hines II
“I always kind of try to expose myself to different things, different experiences, because you never know, that one little thing that’ll build that bond between you and your patient.”– Dr. Randy Hines II
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Dr. Randy's Website
- Dr. Randy's Instagram
- Dr. Randy's Facebook
- Dr. Randy's LinkedIn
- Dr. Randy's Twitter
- Dr. Randy's YouTube
- Dr. Randy's TikTok
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod