With a disorder that affects 1 out of every 3 adults it was only right to have a discussion on high blood pressure. Not a day goes by where I don't have to take care of a patient who is affected by hypertension in who way shape or form. Sometimes we are able to catch it early enough where it doesn't cause any problems and you are able to control it with diet alone but quite often but the time patients come to see me they sometimes require not only one medication but several. Today we are going to talk about the common causes of hypertension, how to treat it and its effects on the African American community.
In this episode you will learn:
- 5 common causes of high blood pressure
- Why its known as the silent killer
- Who should be treated
- How much is it costing us to take care of patients with high blood pressure
- Fact regarding african americans and blood pressure
- Join the lunch and learn community – www.drpierresblog.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on twitter – @LunchLearnPod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts
To share your thoughts:
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Just like I said earlier subscribe on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud and tell just one friend to subscribe as well.