So let's talk about the recap of the Autism in Black conference…
How important is it for us to build a community rooted in compassion and support, especially for our autistic and/or neurodivergent loved ones?
As we conclude the third annual Autism in Black Virtual Conference, we are coming off a natural high coming fresh off the success of the event. It’s been a wonderful and loving weekend, and our hearts are fully grateful for all that’s been part of it.
It is truly fulfilling to see how everyone’s been so consistent from its first to the very last day. But behind this great success, there lies stories, efforts, and hard work made by the organizer herself.
Without her and her love for the community, this conference won’t even be an event. Each and every year, she puts her all to be able to provide this space. Because after all, she recognizes the need to empower people, and she’s decided to have that mission as hers to take.
Join me as we do a recap on the third annual Black in Autism Conference, again with one of my favorite guests, obviously, with no bias—Maria Davis-Pierre, my beloved wife and CEO of Autism in Black.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Understand the importance of having networks and sharing knowledge and wisdom with each other in relation to our journey toward empowerment and a better world;
- Discover the highlights of the recently concluded Autism in Black Virtual Conference 2023 along with some behind-the-scenes stories from the brains behind the event; and
- Find out how Maria-Davis Pierre and the Autism in Black can help and support you through the Autism in Black Community and next year’s conference
“We definitely want to make sure that the individuals in the community have the information, they have the support, they have the backup because it can also feel isolating and lonely when you don’t have anybody in your support circle who is raising an autistic child or any autistic family members so they’re not understanding these sorts of things. Having that community where you can have that space where you don’t have to explain as you are trying to get your support just makes it easier and more fulfilling.” – Maria Davis-Pierre
“That’s one of the things we wanted to be able to do—to make sure we’re having the right information, make sure we’re well-equipped when we’re going to these meetings and advocating on behalf of ourselves or our children, and that we know what needs to be said to get things done, because a lot of times, we put our trust into the school system or the healthcare system, thinking that they have our best interests in heart or our children’s best interests in heart, and oftentimes, that’s not the case.” – Maria Davis-Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Autism in Black Membership
- Autism in Black Conference 2024
- Autism in Black Website
- Autism in Black Instagram
- Autism in Black Podcast
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod
Download the MP3 Audio file, and listen to the episode however you like