Let's talk about the future of telehealth …
Many individuals are unfamiliar with the term “telehealth.” It is the use of electronic information, telecommunications, and technologies to help with long-distance clinical health care.
Today, we are joined by our special guest Dr. Laura Purdy to learn more about telehealth. Our guest is a board-certified family medicine physician who is wrapping up 14 years as an officer in the US Army. She started working in telemedicine in 2016 as a full-time physician and became medical director of MDLIVE. She has also co-founded two telehealth companies and is now lobbying at the federal level to influence change that increases access to care and reduces disparities in telehealth.
In this episode we aim to learn more about:
- The future + benefits of Telehealth visits
- How the government can get involved in order to help Telehealth practices thrive
- Why Telehealth is important + what can be done to improve the system overall
- What Telehealth was prior to COVID
- Importance of Telehealth
- Encouraging these health visits; can be done right from your phone or computer
Take a listen now and stick around 'til the end in today's informative episode as Dr. Purdy dropped some amazing gems about “The Future of Telehealth”.
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what is going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod
Download the MP3 Audio file, listen to the episode however you like.