So let's talk about the hypertension equation…
When was the last time that you checked your blood pressure? Last week? Last month? 3 months ago?
A lot of us can’t even remember the last time we had our blood pressure checked. In fact, of the 1.3 billion adults worldwide who have high blood pressure, 46% don’t even have the slightest idea that their blood pressure is going through the roof.
That statistic alone is really alarming, given the fact that uncontrolled high blood pressure is a major contributing factor to the world’s leading cause of death for the past few decades.
That is why for this week’s Medicine Mondays, I will be talking to you about one of my all-time favorite topics—high blood pressure. Better pay attention, for we will not only be discussing what having uncontrolled high blood pressure means, but we will also touch on the topic of how to prevent it and what treatment options you have if you’re already diagnosed with it.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Learn what having uncontrolled high blood pressure does to your body and the other health issues that it brings along with it;
- Get a deep understanding of why high blood pressure has been deemed as “the silent killer”; and
- Find out what you can do in order to avoid or treat high blood pressure
“The reason why I go so hard on this topic is that it has always been dubbed as ‘the silent killer–the one that you don’t even know the damage it’s causing until the damage it’s caused has already been done.”– Dr. Berry Pierre
“I love talking about high blood pressure. In fact, if you take a second, whether you’re watching me on YouTube or listening to my Podcast, you just search ‘Dr. Berry Pierre’ and ‘high blood pressure, you’re going to see a lot of things come up.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“When we’re taking care of our bodies, our bodies are amazing. Our bodies will deal with stress on top of stress on top of stress until they can deal with it no more. And unfortunately, especially if we talk about high blood pressure, our bodies will deal with decades of stress.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“You have a disease that we know affects so many people worldwide; we have a disease that we know is a significant contributor to the number one killer for decades, and yet, it doesn't cause any symptoms until it’s too late.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Make it a routine to check your blood pressure until you’re making it a routine to check your blood pressure.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod