So let's talk about banned US foods…
Have you ever seen yourself craving your favorite food when traveling in a different country, but the moment you go to their grocery store, it’s nowhere to be found, most likely because it’s banned?
Thinking about this, it’s somewhat wild that here in this country, we have foods that we eat on a daily basis, but if you travel abroad, they’d be like, “Do not bring that food over here.” Even I, when I heard about it, was shocked, but then realizations and epiphanies kicked in.
What other foods are banned in other parts of the world that here in the United States, I’m allowed to eat freely? What has been done to those foods that made them banned in those countries?
So in today’s episode, we’ll talk about some of your favorite foods that you cannot get once you cross the waters, and why that’s the case in other parts of the world.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Find out what foods/drinks are allowed here in the United States but are banned in other parts of the world
- Recognize the importance of understanding why these foods/drinks are banned in those countries; and
- Be able to see things not from the perspective of “these foods/drinks are bad” but more from “what has been added to those foods/drinks that have it banned”
“Anytime I mention a food, I don’t want you to think like, ‘Oh no, the food is bad.’ I want you to think like, ‘Alright, what are they adding to the food that’s making it hit the naughty list?”– Dr. Berry Pierre
“It’s wild to think about it. It’s wild to think that here in this country, we have foods that we eat on a daily basis…but if you travel abroad, they’d be like, ‘Do not bring that food over here.’ I was shocked and surprised, too.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“It’s one thing to understand, like yeah, it’s banned, you cannot get it here, but the why makes it so much more important.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“I don’t want you to take this video and say, ‘Hey, I’m going to never eat these foods again.’ I don’t want you to do that. But I do want you to kind of just think about, ‘Hey, let’s just think about what we’re eating and taking in on a daily basis.’” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“I want you to understand that in different parts of the world, there are certain things that will fly that won’t fly in different parts of the world.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre's Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod