So, let’s discuss why your doctor is not the boss anymore…
Traditionally, we are accustomed to doctors telling us “Do this, take that, and see me again in three months”.
While that kind of relationship is generally thought to be effective, it doesn’t actually work for everyone. Different doctors act differently, just as different patients have different needs.
This is why it is so crucial for patients to recognize the type of doctor-patient relationship that fits them, and for doctors to adjust to what their patients need.
So join me today as I talk about the different types of doctor-patient relationships, and shed light as to why your doctor is not your boss anymore.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Discover the four pillars of a great doctor-patient relationship;
- Learn and understand the three doctor-patient relationship models; and
- Find out why it is important for you to know which type of patient you are, and which relationship model fits you
“Trust, knowledge, loyalty, and regard; those are the four components that make a great doctor-patient relationship.”– Dr. Berry Pierre
“Patients are becoming much more proactive in their care, much more proactive in trying to get some information.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“Patients want to know that they are learning as well. Patients want to know that they are growing as well. Patients want to know that they have some satisfaction as well.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“I believe that if you are doing all those four components (trust, knowledge, loyalty, and regard) correctly, then patients’ satisfaction will be through the roof regardless of what a Google review says.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“The reason why your doctor is not your boss anymore is because you haven’t found your relationship with the doctor who you actually like going to.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre’s Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – Use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod