So, let’s discuss why your doctor needs to be your health coach…
In last week’s episode, we talked about the importance of having patients trust and believe you as their doctor.
But given the growing popularity of health and wellness coaching and the increasing trust patients place in coaches over physicians, lately, there’s a question that I’ve been asking myself a lot.
Is just being a doctor enough? What is it about health and wellness coaches that got people rather listening to them than us?
Join me as we explore the answers that I’ve found and recognize the fact that more than being just doctors, we need to be our patients/clients/customers’ coaches if we really want them to live a better and healthier lives.
Why you need to check this episode:
- Understand the importance of having doctors apply skills and approaches used by health coaches when talking to a patient/customer/client;
- Find out what doctors need to “steal” from health coaches’ approach to provide better patient/customer/client care; and
- Discover the power of accountability and encouragement in empowering patients/clients/customers for better health
“At the end of the day, a more satisfied patient/client/customer is going to have better outcomes. It is what it is. If your patient/client/customer is more satisfied with your level of coaching—not your level of care, they are going to have better outcomes.”– Dr. Berry Pierre
You have to be the health coach in your client/patient/customer’s life if you want them to get better, if you want them to live longer, [and] if you want them to live a more fulfilling and wellness life.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“We have to improve the communication, and I think taking a coaching approach to it does many wonders than our kind of old standard because clearly, that isn’t working.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“If we really want to be the best in our profession, if we really want our patients to trust us [and] to believe us, we have to do a better job coaching them with their goals and making sure that we’re setting realistic expectations for their goals.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“We got to be able to steal some of these traits that the coaches have; we got to take them. And you got to take them in your office, your hospital—wherever you see your patients at—if the goal is to really take care of the patient.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“I don’t care what you want to call them, but whatever you call them that gives them the most level of respect, that’s what you should be using.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
“At the end of the day, a more satisfied patient/client/customer is going to have better outcomes. It is what it is. If your patient/client/customer is more satisfied with your level of coaching—not your level of care, they are going to have better outcomes.” – Dr. Berry Pierre
Sign up at www.listentodrberry.com to join the mailing list.
Remember to subscribe to the podcast and share the episode with a friend or family member.
Listen on Apple Podcast, Google Play, Stitcher, Soundcloud, iHeartRadio, and Spotify
- Lunch and Learn Patreon Family
- Lunch and Learn Community Online Store (code Empower10)
- Pierre Medical Consulting (If you are looking to expand your social reach and make your process automated then Pierre Medical Consulting is for you)
- Dr. Pierre’s Resources – These are some of the tools I use to become successful using social media
- My Amazon Store – Check out all of the book recommendations you heard in the episode
- Join the lunch and learn community – https://www.drberrypierre.com/joinlunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/lunchlearnpod
- Follow the podcast on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/lunchlearnpod – Use the hashtag #LunchLearnPod if you have any questions, comments, or requests for the podcast
- For More Episodes of the Lunch and Learn with Dr. Berry Podcasts https://www.drberrypierre.com/lunchlearnpodcast/
If you are looking to help the show out
- Leave a Five Star Review on Apple Podcast because your ratings and reviews are what are going to make this show so much better
- Share a screenshot of the podcast episode on all of your favorite social media outlets & tag me or add the hashtag. #lunchlearnpod