In this episode of Real Physician Reacts we will be about Bias in Medicine and how it affects not only the patients but also the healthcare workers. Seeing acts of bias whether they are big or small happen daily in healthcare and the cumulation of these problems is why we have many of the healthcare disparities we see today.
There are reasons why non-white patients receive fewer cardiovascular interventions and few renal transplants, why white medical students believe black people have higher pain tolerances, and why there are differences in pregnancy-related deaths among black women.
It is why conversations like these need to continue to happen and be addressed head-on.
Several discussion points today;
- Why is implicit bias so dangerous?
- How has the system of medicine continued to add to the problem?
- What do healthcare workers need to look out for in their own personal bias?
- Racial Disparities in Maternal and Infant Health
- Implicit Bias and Racial Disparities in Health Care
- Implicit Racial/Ethnic Bias Among Health Care Professionals…
Please SUBSCRIBE for new videos every Monday afternoon and Thursday Evening https://www.drberrypierre.com/YTsubscription